Science is essentially a practical subject intended to stimulate pupils' curiosity about the world around them. Science teaching helps children to develop enquiring minds and equips them with key skills, so that they are increasingly able to research answers to their own questions.
Our Science curriculum is based fundamentally on the principles that Science is good when it:
- Is relevant and related to real life, current topics of interest, and means something to us
- Allows us to ask lots of questions and develop our vocabulary
- Lets us investigate and explore in a practical, hands on and experimental way
- Challenges our understanding and encourages us to think about our scientific ideas
- Encourages us to apply our knowledge, skills and understanding at home and at school
- Gives us opportunities to work with others
- Enables us to use appropriate, high quality resources.
Useful websites for children
SAFETY: Please do not try the experiments without an adult to supervise.
* With adult supervision take some time to try out a mini experiment and record your findings in a creative way. You could create a poster, a comic strip, a leaflet or record your findings as jottings.
Useful websites for Parents and Carers